Skip to main content
Chicago Booth Alumni Club Chicago Booth Alumni Club Chicago Booth Alumni Club
Chicago Booth Alumni Club Chicago Booth Alumni Club Chicago Booth Alumni Club
Chicago Booth Alumni Club Chicago Booth Alumni Club Chicago Booth Alumni Club
HomeEventsMay SMPIG: The End of Competition: Is Inventive Intelligence the new advantage?

Events - Event View

This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event. If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.

May SMPIG: The End of Competition: Is Inventive Intelligence the new advantage?

When:
Friday, May 19, 2017, 7:30 AM until 8:45 AM
Where:
Lockton Company
500 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL  
Contact:
Rachel Kaberon
Category:
Roundtable
Registration is required
Registrants & Fees
No Fee
No Fee
No Fee
No Fee

PWCs January 2016 US CEO survey reported that 78 percent were somewhat or extremely concerned with the rapid pace of technological change. What inspires the confidence in the other 22%?


The overwhelming direction suggests differences understanding, handling or managing uncertainty. If an organization’s success relies on linking information to action, the timing of answers that more fully address the challenges a given situation poses matters. So does the ability of the organization to hear, accept and address the information provided. Which will be more useful, collecting and evaluating the activities and responses by a competitor or furthering internal invention capabilities?


Michael Lewis , in his book the Undoing Project, described the purpose behind the research of Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky as a desire to boost the confidence of decision makers. “ They wanted to help people evaluate a decision not by its outcomes—whether it turned out to be right or wrong—but by the process that led to it. The job of the decision-maker wasn’t to be right but to figure out the odds in any decision and play them well.... what was needed was a “transformation of cultural attitudes to uncertainty and to risk.”

 

Join us on Friday May 19, 7:30 am-8:45 am at Lockton Company for a discussion in which we will share tips and tricks to furthering competitive advantage. 

Please review the articles posted in advance……

 

ARTICLES

The Uncertainty Advantage

https://www.strategy-business.com/article/The-Uncertainty-Advantage?gko=6b60b


Competitive Intelligence” Shouldn’t Just Be About Your Competitors

Benjamin Gilad, HBR, MAY 18, 2015

https://hbr.org/2015/05/competitive-intelligence-shouldnt-just-be-about-your-competitors


Optional

HOW TWO TRAILBLAZING PSYCHOLOGISTS TURNED THE WORLD OF DECISION SCIENCE UPSIDE DOWN

Michael Lewis, Vanity Fair Dec 2016

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/decision-science-daniel-kahneman-amos-tversky